Sunday, February 23, 2014

Slowly but surely I can see it.

Now that the huge snow storm and all the sickness is gone...

Every now and then I get discouraged because I think I'm not making progress. I've been drawing for over a year now and while I've definitely made some improvements I still worry because I'm not making enough of them. Or at least I think I'm not.

I read somewhere that as long as you're working, you're improving.

Really? Is it that simple?

I know it takes more than a year to get good and I'm okay with it taking time I would just like to see some sort of proof that I actually AM getting better.

I tend to be impatient and demand results sooner than they are ready to be seen.

The problem is the results are there. Right in front of my eyes. I'm growing. I'm learning. I'm getting better. I am. I just have to remind myself that it's a process and it will take as long as it needs to.

I just have to keep working on it.

Here are two drawings that I've done. One is from a year ago and one is recent. I see it.

Growth.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment