Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cartoons on the shelf.

Sometimes all it takes is a little guts and a whole lot of throwing caution to the wind.

Stepping out of my comfort zone isn't something I'm fond of but if growth is to happen, that comfort zone needs to get busted all to pieces.

Looking at my illustrations I noticed something was missing. There was no heart, no soul, no passion.

My characters tell the story but they don't make you feel the story. What good is an awesome and unique cartoon character if they don't make the story come to life?

Well, that just won't do.

So I think I'm going to step away from the cartoon style work for a little bit and take a more realistic approach.

This eye is the first realistic drawing I've done in what seems like forever. I love it.

Oh this is going to be fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment